I can’t seem to open a magazine or turn on the television without seeing an advertisement for a BB cream. And just when I finally had a BB cream all figured out, I found there’s already a new cream in town. I guess I need to learn to keep pace with all these new beauty products. If you are as perplexed as I am about BB & CC & DD, read on for the complete lowdown!
What is a BB Cream?
BB stands for “Blemish Balm” or “Beauty Balm”.
BB Cream is an all-in-one cosmetic beauty and skincare product. Depending on the brand you choose, this cream can act as foundation, concealer, sunblock, and moisturizer all in one go.
General Product Features and Benefits:
- Produces a very natural, “no makeup look”
- Provides perfect coverage like a foundation would but since it’s not as thick, it doesn’t clog the pores
- Works pretty much like a tinted moisturizer
- Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and other blemishes
- Has healing properties that soften, smoothen and refine skin
- Contains UV Protection for healthy skin (SPF levels differ for each brand/product)
What is a CC cream?
‘CC’ stands for “Complete Correction” or “Color Control”.
It could be the hottest makeup trend of the year. And if BB promised to be everything — primer, tinted moisturizer, SPF — then CC promises to be all that super marvelous stuff! CC creams are described as ‘lighter in texture’ and ‘quicker to sink in’ than BB creams, which points to fewer or no silicones in the formulation.
General Product Features and Benefits
- Sun protection
- Better covearage
- Improved treatment for uneven skin tones
- Lighter texture
- More smoother and less oily
- Gives a flawless, natural, and glowing finish
Let me just surprise you (those who don’t know), next in line is DD Cream –
What is a DD Cream:
It stands for “Dynamic Do-All”.
It kinda sounds like a BB/CC hybrid. DD contains a dose of SPF 25 to protect delicate areas as it moisturizes, diminishes fine lines, and balances uneven tone. DD cream is ideal for you if you find that BB or CC creams don’t provide enough coverage over stubborn age or sun spots.
To pick the right one for yourself, refer to F ‘n’ C’s guide –
- BB Cream, CC Cream or DD Cream.. HELP! (fashionacarpediem.wordpress.com)
- Beauty: Top 3 CC Creams (yourdaughterscloset.wordpress.com)
- We Tried This: BB and CC Creams (style.time.com)