As I shared in my earlier post on Everyday Fashion, I have been studying (read: looking) lota fashion bloggers. I discovered one very interesting blog – Unity in Fashion. The pictures are straight outta fashion mag . Very well done! I look at such perfection and realize how funny and clumsy I am about fashion; I totally look like Cinderella’s poor cousin (cos Ms. C eventually married P. Charmin’ and got access to all those fantablous dresses. Me, I m still lookin for the one!!)! 🙂 Anyway, before I ramble any further, take a look at how this blogger is totally rocking the mini-skirt fad!
This one has a mystical and dreamy quality to it. Pretty-stunning!
unity in fashion
Interesting facts about mini-skirts:
- The earliest known culture to have females wear clothing resembling miniskirts were the Duan Qun Miao, which literally meant “short skirt Miao” in Chinese. This was in reference to the short miniskirts “that barely cover the buttocks” worn by women of the tribe, and which were “probably shocking” to observers in medieval and early modern times.
- Mary Quant ran a popular clothes shop in Kings Road, Chelsea, London, called Bazaar, from which she sold her own designs. In the late 1950s she began experimenting with shorter skirts, culminating in the creation of the miniskirt in 1964—one of the defining fashions of the decade. Quant named the miniskirt after her favourite make of car, the Mini.
- In spring of 1982, (see June Time Magazine) short skirts began to re-emerge, notably in the form of “rah-rahs”, which were modeled on those worn by female cheerleaders at sporting and other events. In the mid-1980s the “puffball” skirt enjoyed short term popularity, being worn by, among others, the Princess of Wales and singers Pepsi and Shirli.
Why wear mini-skirts:
- They are more interesting than wearing pants
- They have more flare and verve.
- Believe it or not, short skirts are great for lazy people. Easy to put on and take off. :p
- Believe it or not, short skirts lead to excellent fitness. First, they remind the wearer of the importance of regular exercise. While it is easy to hide inconvenient fitness truths under baggy clothes and pants, short skirts bear one’s body for the whole world to see. This keeps the wearer honest- and conscientious about gym attendance.
What are your reasons for sporting a mini-skirt?
Till then, I am sippin’ on my fashion chai and learning to be fashionable!
Last year’s infatuation with the crop top is back for another round and midriffs are having a skin-is-in moment. From Freida Pinto to our own home fashion queen-bee Sonam Kapoor, the crop trend has caught up with all top notch celebrities.
While, showing your midriff may seem like a scandalous look, only to be tested by celebrities but we have picked pictures of top celebs to show how you can wear a cropped top this summer – in style!
Pair a crop top with a high-waisted skirt for a more ladylike approach. Freida keeps t it chic by balancing out the tum exposure with a demure 50’s flared skirt – a Salvatore Ferragamo. Totally rad!
Indian Actress – Sonam Kapoor
I picked this look from a FashionBlogger Dainty Girl, which btw is really feminine and elegant. Along with that is a picture of Singer-actress Monika Dogra, looking totally chic in this crop-top-boho-skirt ensemble!
While the crop top is often a fashion trend that is feared by many, this season’s choices make it easier to embrace this tricky style statement. How would you style the crop top trend for summer?
- Style Lounge: How to Rock a Crop Top (laizalounge.com)
Crop Top . (Photo credit: jaaaaacks)
- Want it Wednesday: Le Crop Top (firstweshop.com)
A birthday cake for a fashionista who lovessssss shoes!. Everything including the shoe is handcrafted and edible. Inside Dark chocolate cake with chocolate ganache using highest quality Callebaut chocolate. This one is from Zoey’s Bakehouse.
For the DIOR girl from Jayas Cakewalk
For the Pirate girl from Jayas Cakewalk
Pirate Girl Theme Cake
For the lil’ girl in you from Jayas Cakewalk
I think this one is super cute. Reminds me of my grandma’s old sewing machine. If grandma was still alive, I would have definitely presented her with this cake. I am sure she would have loved it! This one is for you G’Ma!
sewing machine cake
Hope these cakes have given you some fashionable ideas on how to celebrate your birthdays in style!
Till then, I am sippin’ on my fashion chai and learning how to be fashionable!
Prepping for date? Want to bring out the girl in you? Want to be feminine and oh so pretty and yet flirty! 😉 Check out these dresses from Chicfactor store!
If you are not living in India right now, you can always find look a alike at your local store or any online dress store. But these are sure to make you feel flirty and feminine!
Here are my TOP Picks –
PROM QUEEN DRESS
FLORAL BY THE DAY
The Mint Dance Dress
Btw, a friend of mine bought this and wore it to her daughter’s party. It looked super hot and feminine! I think this dress is a must-pick! Plus, the mint color is lovely for summer. 🙂
What are you top picks for looking flirty & feminine?
Keep sippin’ on the fashion chai!
- “Feeling All Girly Whirly Inside” (prissycafe.wordpress.com)
- My flippy and flirty skirt (theclosetisours.wordpress.com)
- Sexy Summer Fashion (themistletoestudio.wordpress.com)